Monday, November 14, 2011

Does anyone have a guess how long it takes between cervix thinning and going into true labor?

I went to the doctor today and he said I was thinning out. That's GREAT and all, but my mom is planning to fly from Miami to witness the birth. My due date is Oct.14th and she was planning getting here Oct.7th. My fiance and I are thinking she may be too late and want her to come up Sept.30th or Oct.1st. So does anyone have a guess on how long it takes between the thinning out process and going into labor?|||I think it's a good idea for you mom to come earlier than Oct. 7th...thinning of the cervix this soon before your due date does mean the little one will be arriving soon...I'm 38 wks and desperately waiting..I'm 1cm dilated but my cervix is still thick..don't you hate the waiting game and the unpredictability of the last part of pregnancy? I sure do, I've been walking everyday to boost things along..good luck and again have you're mother arrive sooner than your predicted due date. |||It varies...sorry to say. And the doctor didn't mention what percentaged you have effaced? That makes me think that you are just starting to thin out...so you may still have a while. The trouble with labor is that it does what it wants!||| A friend of mine began dilating and thining out 4 weeks before she went into labor and she was even 75% effaced for an entire week! If this is your first baby I wouldn't be to worried about him coming before your due date.|||Could be anywhere from hours to weeks. It's different for everyone. Sorry that probably isn't what you want to hear, but it's definitely the truth! :)|||Unfortunately in my case it didn't mean anything. I was 4 cm dilated and 90% effaced for almost a month before going into real labor.|||I'm due the 15th of Oct... I started thinning at 35 weeks, but, baby isn't ready to come out, yet! It could still be a while; no way to know these things, I'm afraid. Good luck!|||It can take anything between hours and weeks for the cervix to thin out if it's your first baby, sorry!|||its hard to say because u could be dialated for months before true labor. its hard to say because everyone is different!|||It's anyones guess. Could be weeks or months.

No comments:

Post a Comment