Friday, November 18, 2011

If someone asks you to guess their age or the age of another person. How do you reply?

A) mentally guess the age then subtract a few years


B) be honest


C) add numerous years so you won't be asked again





C- for me, add 20 years jokingly so no one will be offended








Bonus question- does it matter if the persons age you are guessing a male or a female?|||Depends on how well I know this person, and how young they really look.


If they look young, I would pick B


If I knew them well, I would pick C


If they didn't look very young, I would pick A|||For a person who seems to be under age 30, go high. Tell people who look like they're five years old that they look like they're twelve.





For anyone over that, go low. It makes them feel younger.





As for male or female, not really. If they're asking you to guess their age, they're asking for the same thing.|||I usually use C except that I jokingly subtract 20 years...I say something along the lines of not a day over 21 or something to that effect. Especially if you are talking to a woman...it will always make her feel better if you say she looks incredibly young.|||B. Bonus question. No.|||um.. well if the guy/girl looks older than me I'll say that he must've been born when the titanic sunk =P Or if I'm in a "serious mood" -_- *serious face* I'll be honest but remind them that I "suck at guessing people's ages or weight" so that way, if I guess wrong, which I usually would/do, I would be free from offending too harsh =D|||A. It doesn't matter about the gender.|||I hate when people ask that. It's just the games people play, they're either looking for a compliment or looking to be insulted.





I do the same as you, and no it doesn't matter the gender.|||I just tell them I haven't put that much thought into and can't even wager a guess.





I think it comes off as a bit arrogant when people ask that. Like we all just sit around staring at them, watching their mannerisms and just racking our brains with speculation about their age.





Either that or they're just trying to pick a fight.|||If they have the power to make me miserable, I pretend I'm horrible with guessing ages and flatter them with a relatively close but low guess (I'm usually awesome at guessing, this works well).





If they have no power at all, I'll give them a realistic guess. Shuts them up pretty fast, or they're impressed and call it a party trick.





When in doubt and I think it could bite me in the ***, I go for just saying I have never been good at guessing and I don't want to embarrass myself. Then they show me some sympathy and it's all over ^5|||I have a problem guessing women's ages, so I get into trouble with that one.





But, I'm pretty much within 2 years in guessing a man's age.





I just turned 60, and I look like I'm 10-15 years younger. I have been referred to my sister as her "younger brother," she's 52, and she gets pissed. Women are more sensitive to age than a man is.

No comments:

Post a Comment