Monday, November 14, 2011

What kind of life would you guess this person lives?

If someone is middle-aged, single, obese and has over 24,000 posts on a message board in which they spends most of their day on - what kind of life would you guess this person lives? Do you think it would be a very fulfilling life?|||Sound like his life is Moot|||a very lonely life|||As long as they've not experienced better, then certianly! their life would be just as fulfilling as any of us. It all depends on what we compare things to, if I go on holiday and have a 3 weekend bender or take a surfing trip or something then it'll make me 100% happy to my maximum happy capacity. If I have to go to work and I'm late and my boss is being a douche and I'm not understanding my psych assignment and it's due tomorow and I'm tired from my great week last week so I can't manage an all nighter to finish it, then I'm going to feel about 90% miserable (10% happiness left over from my great week last week). If I then give up on my essay for a while and pose on a message board and forget my troubles, I'm probably going to feel pretty neutral cause that makes me happy (50%) but not as much as other things I've done/I do.





This rhetorical middle-aged, single, obese person however might have only ever been and seen a (what's in my life classed as) 50% 50% life.... but really that means that THAT is their 100%. So, if something (that we would class as minorly) exciting happens on this primarily-messageboard-life, it'll be a big deal and fulfill her life for that time. If it was good, like if she made an online friend and had a whole packet of her favorite chocolates and got a long awaited ebay package all on the same day...then her life would be 100% happy and fulfilled, but if she got absolutely smashed in an online comments debate and her halo partner died (if that's how it works?) and she saw someone out her window that was thin and pretty, then she would be equal to my 90% miserable day.





It all depends what your perspective and knowledges and preferances and comparisons are. If I compare myself to someone who's uneducated and lives in squallor, then I could think my life is fulfilled, but then my fulfilled life would be someone elses squallor!





lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment