Friday, November 18, 2011

Is there a formula to more accurately guess the number of quarters in a jar?

my parents have a HUGE glass jar filled with quarters. they're letting my siblings and me make one guess as to the value of the quarters held inside. whoever is closest gets $500 of the total amount. i know the dimensions of the contents and wondered if there's a formula to help me out. anyone?|||I think the best way is to estimate the number of quarters that cover the base of the container, then estimate how many quarters fill the height of it (count them visually in the actual container, don't try to measure a quarter and figure it out that way.) Multiply the two values.





FYI: If the quarters were in perfect stacks, they'd stack about 16 per inch. You could multiply that by the maximum amount that would cover the bottom... that would be the MAXIMUM amount of quarters in the container. The way they fill a container is obviously going to be much less than that, accounting for all the extra space and all.|||Well, it seems pretty obvious to me... the value of each quarter is 25垄.

No comments:

Post a Comment